Google Scholar Off-Campus Access
Due to technical limitations, University Libraries must provide access to Google Scholar through different connecting URLs for on-campus and off-campus users.
- On-campus users on any University of Southern Mississippi campus or teaching site can connect here
- Off-campus users can connect here
Alternatively, Google Scholar can provide direct, proxy-authenticated links to University Libraries resources from off-campus by following the simple steps below.
- From Google Scholar's homepage, choose the "Settings" option at the top of the page.
- Choose the "Library Links" option on the left.
- In the 'Show library access links for (choose up to five libraries):' field, type in 'the University of Southern Mississippi'
- From the results list, choose 'University of Southern Mississippi Libraries - Get It @ USM'
- In the lower right-hand side of your window, choose the 'save' button
- You're done!