Request for RUSH cataloging and processing of materials is a service provided by Bibliographic Services. All RUSH items are given first priority in cataloging workflow.
Requests should include the title and author's name and be made directly to the Head, General Collections Cataloging.
Rush items include:
- Reference materials.
- New materials flagged as RUSH by an academic department on order card.
- New materials flagged as RUSH when a request is made by a user for a title RECEIVED and waiting to be cataloged and processed.
- All RUSH items are cataloged and processed as soon as possible.
- Hattiesburg campus requests require one working day.
- USM-GC campus requests require three working days for logistical reasons.
If you have any further questions, please contact Linda Ginn, Head, General Collections Cataloging at Linda.Ginn@usm.edu.