PreOrder Full Records
Set Up for Firm Orders
- Follow the document for selecting the proper template for the Order Record Type. See Record Templates under Cataloging Procedures/Millennium Procedures or Selecting Record Templates in III Millennium located in the III Procedures folder on the shared drive.
- In Millennium, on the Settings tab under Options for New Order Records, select Use Today's Date as Order Date? and Queue Purchase Orders for Records? Select the Order option at the bottom of the options.
Create PreOrder Full Order Record
These procedures are for retrieving and creating orders for monographic titles already exported from Connexion. See PreOrder Brief procedures for creating a BRIEF or Temporary Title and order for monographic items with no suitable record in Connexion, or for Scores and Media items.
Select the Order button on the vertical toolbar in the Millennium Acquisitions module. Search for the title or by control number (OCLC number). Once the record is displayed, compare order information to bibliographic record for:
- 001 Bib Utility No. (OCLC Control No.)
- 020 ISBN (if available)
- 100 Author (if available)
- 245 Title and Editor (if no author)
- 260 Publisher and Pub Date
If all of the information matches, click on the Summary button. In the View drop down menu, select order and click Attach New Order. Follow the prompts, entering price, fund, vendor, and initials. After the order is created, click Save and go back to Browse. Repeat process for further orders.