1) True or False: Turabian's Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations
is an abbreviated guide to the Chicago Manual of Style.
2) Turabian requires your paper to have:
A. A title page containing a title and an abstract
B. A title page with an abstract on page two
C. No title page - your title appears on the first page
D. A title page with the title centered, all caps, single-spaced, and located
1/3 from the top
3) In Turabian, how should the following in-text reference appear if formatted in "Reference List" style?
A. (Barrett 1991, 17)
B. (Barrett, p. 17, 1991)
C. (Barrett 17)
D. (Barrett p. 17)
4) In Turabian, an in-text reference done in a "Bibliography" style means that the citation appears as a:
D. Either B or C (Footnote or Endnote)
5) In a paper done in Turabian, endnotes would appear:
A. At the bottom of every page
B. At the conclusion of the paper
C. At the end of a paragraph
D. None of the above
6) In Turabian, how is the bibliography generally arranged?
A. Alphabetically, by the title of the work
B. Alphabetically, by author's first name
C. Alphabetically, by author's last name
D. By publication year
7) On your bibliography page, which indentation style is correct?
8) True or false: When you access information online, your citation must always include the
date when you accessed the information.
9) In Turabian, not all materials used for a paper have to be cited in the bibliography but can instead be noted
within the text. Which of the following sources could be omitted from a bibliography as long as they were cited in-text?
B. Well known reference works
C. Newspaper articles
D. All of the above
10) When citing a book chapter entitled "Being and Love"
from the book Moral Principles of Action, which of the following formats is correct?
Your Name (required):
Your email (required):
Your instructor's email (optional):
The name of your college/university, school (required):