The University of Southern Mississippi -- McCain Library and Archives
Historical Manuscripts Home
Alphabetical List of All Collections | Collections Listed By Subject


Collection Title: Hattiesburg Area Architectural Drawings

Accession Number: M 248 unprocessed

Inclusive Dates: 1956-1973

Volume: ca. 16 cu.ft.

Given By: Unknown.

Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).

Form of Material:

Blueprints, architectural drawings, and specifications for buildings constructed in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area between 1956 and 1973:

NOTE: Requires permission of current owner to view.

  1. Chateau Grand Apartment Complex, by James W. McCleskey (1970).
  2. Dave Ellis Plot Plan (n.d.).
  3. Forrest Morris [Coin Operated Laundry] (1969).
  4. Forrest Morris Coin Operated Laundry (1968).
  5. Gulf Oil Company Elevation (1972).
  6. Larry's Fried Chicken, by Laurence Carter (Pasadena, California) (n.d.).
  7. Pinecrest Second Addition (1956).
  8. J.W. McArthur Duplex Apartments Plot Plan (1967).
  9. Moore Pipe & Sprinkler Co. (1970).
  10. Pete Messer Home (n.d.).
  11. Mississippi Research and Development Center (Jackson,Mississippi) (n.d.).
  12. Standard Oil Co. Service Station at Hardy Street and 40th Avenue (1968).
  13. Gulf Oil Co. Service Station (1964).
  14. Standard Oil Co. Service Station Improvements (1972).
  15. South Central Bell Additions (1969).
  16. Stetelman Apartments Site Plan (1973).
  17. C.C. Sullivan Rental Building (n.d.).
  18. Thompson Auto Co. (1968).

Accession Number: AM 97-27

Inclusive Dates: 1950-1991

Volume: 8 cu.ft.

Given By: Transferred from University Archives.

Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).

Form of Material:

Architectural drawings of buildings and proposed buildings at The University of Southern Mississippi, in Hattiesburg, and nearby areas:


USM buildings: Permissin to view not required.

  1. Vann Hall (1967).
  2. Bolton Hall (1953).
  3. Chain Technology Building (1978).
  4. Hillcrest Dormitory (1965).
  5. McMillin & McCleskey Hall Repairs (1978).
  6. President's Home on Jamestown Road (1977).
  7. Proposed Health, Physical Education & Recreation Complex (1974).
  8. Joseph Greene Hall (1966).
  9. Stadium Addition (1974).
  10. West Side Stadium Dormitory (1951).

Hattiesburg area buildings: Requires permission of current owner to view.

  1. Broad Street Methodist Church Sunday School Addition (undated).
  2. Earl Travillion Attendance Center Additions (1963).
  3. First Mississippi National Bank, Main Street Branch Remodeling (1970).
  4. Forrest County Regional Law Enforcement Complex (1973).
  5. Hattiesburg Police/Fire Training Center and Fire Station (1984).
  6. North Forrest High School (1991).
  7. WDAM-TV Alterations and Additions (1960).
  8. Pat Harrision Waterway District: Maynor Creek Water Park, Wayne County (1973)

Accession Number: AM 97-69

Inclusive Dates: 1940-1958

Volume: 6 sets

Given By: Landry and Lewis Architects.

Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).

Form of Material:

Architectural drawings of the following Hattiesburg, Mississippi buildings:

NOTE: Requires permission of current owner to view.

  1. Forrest County Courthouse, by Hattiesburg architect T. Roscoe Hearon (1940).
  2. Old Federal Courthouse, by Mallett & Associates of Jackson, Mississippi (1958).
  3. Old Federal Courthouse, by Lameth, Briggs, Lemly & Storey of Jackson, Mississippi (1957).
  4. Carpenters' Union Building, by R.S. Oden (1941).
  5. Sears Roebuck building, by Hearon & McCleskey (ca. 1948).

Accession Number: AM 2000-111

Inclusive Dates: 1941-1948

Volume: 3 sets

Given By: Transferred from the Stephen H. Blair, Jr. Architectural Drawings.

Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).

Form of Material:

Architectural drawings of the following Hattiesburg, Mississippi buildings designed by Hearon and McCleskey Architects:

NOTE: Requires permission of current owner to view.

  1. West End Elementary School, by F.B. Woodley (1948).
  2. Royal Street Negro Junior/Senior High School (ca. 1947).
  3. Hattiesburg High School Alterations and Additions (ca. 1941).

Related Collections:


Blair (Stephen H. Jr.) Architectural Drawings
Landry Architectural Drawings
Architectural Drawings and Specifications by Mississippi Architects [microform],
housed in the Cook Library, call number NA4170.A73.


Created by: Bobs M. Tusa
Prepared and maintained by
The University of Southern Mississippi Libraries Special Collections
http://www.lib.usm.edu/spcol/index.php
118 College Drive #5148   Hattiesburg, MS 39406-5148

Please send comments or questions to Ask-a-Librarian
Revised: June 4, 2004