Collection Title: Harrington (Charles) Railroad Collection
Accession Number: AM08-22
Inclusive Dates: 1906-1987
Volume: 25 items
Given By : Patsy Gladden
Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized
copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States
Form of Material:
- DVD containing 38 digital images of photographs, scanned in 2007 by Copycats Printing. Total of 1.2 GB. Photographs scanned at more than 600 ppi.
- Map of Southern Railway System (1974)
- Enlargement of 1906 newspaper photo. First passenger train on Mississippi Central Railroad from Natchez to Hattiesburg , Mississippi .
- 2 railroad timetables (1945 & 1947)
- Southern Crescent Luncheon Menu (ca. 1977)
- Pullman Company ticket stub (1966)
- 2 postcards, one of Amtrak at Laurel , Mississippi , in 1987, and the other of a Southerner engine.
- 16 photographs, some unidentified. Includes a picture of Charles Harrington, as well as equipment and personnel related to Mississippi Central Railroad Company and the Bonhomie and Hattiesburg Southern Railroad. One picture appears to be Hattiesburg City Hall circa 1950. Other dates range from 1945 to 1972.