Mission, Values, and Goals
The mission of the University Libraries is to provide a dynamic physical and virtual learning environment that supports the intellectual development and creativity of the University community; to offer services that meet the information needs of the University's faculty, staff, and students; to develop and enhance collections of resources that support the University's research, teaching, learning, and service; to collect unique materials of enduring research value to the University and to the larger scholarly community; and to organize, preserve, promote, and provide access to all our collections.
- Our library users deserve courtesy, respect, and excellent service.
- Information literacy is a critical characteristic of an educated individual, and we are committed to helping
our users learn to find, evaluate, and use information.
- We will remove barriers that impede access to information resources.
- Library policies are necessary for orderly and efficient operation, but policies should be guidelines for
service and not roadblocks.
- We respect the library user's right to privacy and we hold confidential any records related to individual
use of library resources.
- The resources provided for the library are intended to provide services and collections that support the
University's mission and we will use them efficiently.
- Flexibility, innovation, and creativity are encouraged.
- All library employees are accountable for the library's mission and goals.
- Open and timely communication is critical.
- To create and enhance an environment where individual and collaborative learning can occur.
- To be the first choice of the University's faculty and students for information that supports teaching,
learning, and service.
- To provide services to the University community that facilitate the use of information resources.
- To create, enhance, preserve, and provide access to unique collections of materials of enduring research
value to the University and to the larger scholarly community.
- To promote the services and collections of the library and to cultivate resources to support them.
- Libraries Policies
- Libraries Faculty and Staff Directory
Library Summit, 2005
University Libraries hosted a Library Summit on October 31, 2005.
The framework for participant discussion was the LibQUAL+ survey.
Notes from the summit are available as a Microsoft Word document.